Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
Reverse Engineering Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HASP 64 bit success story

2 posters

Go down

HASP 64 bit success story Empty HASP 64 bit success story

Post by sealevel Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:34 pm

For the longest time, (like so many others) I've had the problem of perfect working emulator from EDGEtools in XP 32 bit not working when going to Win7 64 bit.
I tried to thoroughly read any thread that even came close to my situation, here, and at 'other' board. but always no success... figuring I am dumber than a box of rocks.
(maybe still true... but)
I tried every combination of dumper (even tho I had .dmp/dng from previous working emulator)... either link was gone, or something didn't work (dump file wrong size, was for sentinel..etc) but I kept trying... didn't want to keep bringing silly little green plastic dongle home every nite with risk of loss or it becoming FUBAR somehow.
So finally, other nite I looked at my .reg file, wondering why it would not work. Had Multikey 64 bit installed with no yellow bogus !! warnings. But why it didn't work? So I noticed in a thread of similar situation a reg posted by hasp, and compared to mine. Well, wouldn't you know? I jaspered around some settings and .....STILL not working! But then I notice that the reg file hasp posted for the user and MY reg file were tiny bit different.
Mine was missing:
"DongleType"=dword:00000001
everything else seemed the same format-wise, but I thought...'that can't be it', but I put in anyway.... and rebooted.
VIOLA!!!
Upon reboot, system found SafeNet/Hasp keys and my application was running perfecto! I was so elated! had to double-check that the dongle was actually NOT in USB port, but yet program was running!!! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am after so much trying to get this to work.
So.... all that said?
I would like to thank hasp, BfoX, kjms, Git, Lomex and all from Re-Team for helping me get this thing working. I'm still dumb as box of rocks to this reverse engineering stuff, but feel kinda good I was able to finally fire up my application. The time I spent reading all the threads to get this working was definitely time well spent. You guys rock.
btw... I notice someone else here ask for assistance and was surprised to see they had same dongle password as mine. Is this common?
no matter... it so nice to have working app, and not worry about greedy software vendor charging an arm and a leg for lost dongle. Our company pays them enough on our annual SMA! sunny

sealevel

Back to top Go down

HASP 64 bit success story Empty Re: HASP 64 bit success story

Post by hasp Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 pm

sealevel Thanks your words stay online here, you can learn much more,Good luck

hasp

Back to top Go down

HASP 64 bit success story Empty HASP 4

Post by sealevel Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:32 pm

hasp wrote:sealevel Thanks your  words stay online here, you can learn much more,Good luck
Hi Hasp. I've posted previous (I think) regarding a HASP time. I sent PM to ovis25 regarding... and it seems the change to year would be in seconds... correct?
I tried to change using my mind using calendar date crap, but know I'm mental f'd up in seconds. So I found Unix to Windows and more fun. I used a online converter and was real close this time. My guess is that:
10/31/2019 s/b: in hex: 5DBA2400
and to 'upgrade' to this, I should change to:
10/31/2029 in hex to: 708A1B80

I found 4 sets of hex pairs every time I used an official 'SMA update for one more year' when the vendor .exe updated in my .reg file.
Am I getting close? At least, my old try ended up giving me " 10-31-1832" which doesn't let me upgrade my software. no shit tongue 
My latest try gave me "10--142-2019" or close to that. so this is first time I changed the DAY of the expire date. (that is exactly what the software complained about)
I hope I can find my 2018 to 2019 LEGAL hex changed .reg then I would be able to up it to 2029?
My guess is that the hasp date is based on 01/01/1970? and add the seconds?

I apologize for logically all over the place. I'm just trying to play with temp new software until I get a new job (because covid19 chinavirus) then the software guys will get true $$ for the new release!

sealevel

Back to top Go down

HASP 64 bit success story Empty Re: HASP 64 bit success story

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum