Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
Reverse Engineering Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HASP4 now blocking updates

2 posters

Go down

HASP4 now blocking updates Empty HASP4 now blocking updates

Post by sealevel Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:51 pm

with great help from gurus here at this forum and RETEAM, i have been smoothly using my emulated software for many happy years.
i have the dongles as well, (the 'green fish' ones) but when using the soft at home, i didn't want to run the risk of losing one.
now, work no longer pays for ability to update to a new release. even though i don't think its a HASP4 time dongle, i've searched and read every thread even closely related to my problem (extend maintenance expire date), but with not much luck. i've compared line-by-line visually and using file compare soft between my .reg files from year to year (after vendor update) and seems that change occurred in only 4 places in first 3 lines of
"Data"=hex:
After trying to figure out elapsed hours/days etc (from a thread long forgotten) or just plain changing the values at random my result is that i am getting nowhere. however, i DID manage to change the expiration date from 2016 to 1832.
seems i took a wrong turn in the dongle time tunnel Shocked  it also appears that no matter what i change, this moonwalk in time to 1832 is all i can conjure up.
i would REALLY appreciate if anyone can help me figure this out.
Thanx!

sealevel

Back to top Go down

HASP4 now blocking updates Empty Re: HASP4 now blocking updates

Post by Key Dump Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello, may I help you on public

Key Dump

Back to top Go down

Post by sealevel Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:16 pm

still playing with changing bytes in my .reg file, but to no avail. I see many forum views, but no other offer of possible solution.
Thanks to ovis25 for help via PM and Key Dump? I prefer to not go public with everything. Hope you understand.
I have vendor provided  exe(s) to update my HASP (& multikey emulation) from 2014 to 2015 and then to 2016. No HASP needed at home!
This is where I am stuck. I just cannot see a pattern in the reg files after each update.
Am grateful for all help from exetools and reteam sites because I can use 2016 version of soft forever. (this $$ already paid to soft vendor)
Not to be greedy, but would like to 'kick the tires' on later versions, but somehow the reg file prohibits me. I'll continue to search a solution, but if anyone has some hints? I would most appreciate them. Cool

sealevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down