Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
Reverse Engineering Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

almost there, think I need help with the .reg file

2 posters

Go down

almost there, think I need help with the .reg file Empty almost there, think I need help with the .reg file

Post by zorbo Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I have a very old (1997 timeframe) parallel port dongle that says MEMOHASP-1 on it. I believe

that makes it a HASP-4 device. I am trying to transition to a new Windows7 64 bit OS computer

(which of course has no hardware parallel port). I would really like to have the protected

software run on the new computer to simplify life in general rather than having to use two

computers and synch them, etc. I have tried the best I can over the last 2 weeks to get the

dongle emulated using Multikey (0.18.0.3 driver). Everything seems to be loaded OK, and I see

multikey in device manager with no problems and several usb and hasp installed things OK in

device manager. But the software does not see the dongle and says it cannot find a Memohasp

plug on any parallel port.

I think (but cannot swear to it) that it is likely that I do not have everything exactly

perfect in the .reg file that I installed. This is because I do not know the exact syntax for

the .reg because there are many posts for different versions of multikey, and different

versions of OS, and different versions of dongles, and different dumpers. I have not been

able to find the exact situation I have, so I have been trying all combinations, and although

I feel I am very close, it does not yet work. Someone with more knowledge than me can likely

solve this very quickly whereas I am at an end for ideas now, having exhausted all avenues

available through posts, websites, etc.

To summarize, I got the dongle passwords from hasphl2008, made a dump using h5dmp.exe (version

not given, from dongla.net), used UnidumpToreg.exe (version 1.2.0.0). For Unidumpttoreg, I

entered hasp.dmp as the open file (not sure what to do with the hhl_mem.dmp file, but I assume

it was used in the same directory), and used vUSB HASP HL as the output type. It gave me an

xxxxxxxx.reg file. I took the .reg file to the 64 bit machine, and changed the top entry to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\multikey\Dumps\XXXXXXXX], (where the XXXXXXXX is

the same 8 digits in the same order as the xxxxxxxx.reg file I got from Unidumptoreg.exe. I

then used a text editor and added an entry for "DongleType"=dword:00000001, which I believe is

correct for my HASP dongle. Next I used dseo13b in test mode, installed Multtikey verion

0.18.0.3 with the install command, with the install command altered as suggested in the

forums, and signed the multikey.sys driver in the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder.

Everything seemed to work.

However, when I run the "protected" software, I get a message that a MEMOHASP plug is not

found on any parallel port. I believe I have a problem with the .reg file, since this is the

step I was able to find the least information on for my exact case, but I am not sure. I also

do not see any problems that I can recognize in device manager.

I will appreciate any help someone is willing to give, and thanks.

zorbo

zorbo

Back to top Go down

almost there, think I need help with the .reg file Empty Re: almost there, think I need help with the .reg file

Post by hasp Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 pm

upload your dump and reg file, i will check what you missed!

hasp

Back to top Go down

almost there, think I need help with the .reg file Empty Re: almost there, think I need help with the .reg file

Post by zorbo Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks so much. Here is the .reg. How should I upload the .dmp file, I have never done it before? Do you want both hasp.dmp and hhl_mem.dmp?

Note: I have been changing the "type" dword to ooooooa as this is what I believe is correct for MEMOHASP-1 (I could be wrong though, but that is what I read). This .reg file shows 000000EA which is what Unidumptoreg spit out before I modified it. I have tried both, with no success with either. zorbo

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\multikey\Dumps\220173E4]
"Name"=""
"Copyright"="Copyright (C) 2012 Robert"
"Created"="04/03/2012 22:44:32"
"DongleType"=dword:00000001
"SN"=dword:0F4C2CF6
"Type"=dword:000000EA
"Memory"=dword:00000001
"SecTable"=hex:C5,C5,8D,8D,F1,F1,B9,B9
"NetMemory"=hex:FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF
"Option"=hex:00,00,02,4A,1F,01,05,02,0C,01,03,2D,1D,00
"Data"=hex:\
38,5B,00,00,B5,37,F8,C8,03,00,59,08,20,03,02,00,\
FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,\
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
"ColumnMask"=dword:000000FF
"CryptInitVect"=dword:0000003F

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hasp Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 am

first could you test in 32bit, the reg its ok than try in 64bit.
Above the reg its ok, any way upload your both dump file zip format, on other hosts

hasp

Back to top Go down

Post by zorbo Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

Hasp, thank you for helping. For trying on 32 bit, don't I need a different multikey driver or do I use the same one as for 64 bit? I will try it. That is a good idea to see if it is Windows7 64 bit or another issue. I uploaded dumps to mediafire. It will not let me send a link as new member (not sure why this is?), but this is what is the file name after the url on mediafire. Let me know if you get it ok. ?07g0u7vt51t1aow

zorbo

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hasp Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

64bit not support same driver use this also the reg same as 32 &64 bit

hasp

Back to top Go down

Post by zorbo Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 pm

OK, I did not have the password for the multikey 18.2.3 file so I could not open it. But I did go to testprotect.com and downloaded the latest 19.1.8 and got licesnse for 32 bit (free for 32 bit). I installed on 32 bit machine and the software works fine on it. It is the same .reg file, only I had to put the license line in it.

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by zorbo Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Hasp, this is what I found out so far: still not working in W7 64bit. I had entered more than 1 reg file while troubleshooting in 64 bit. I checked device manager in 32 bit that is working, and the device that allows the software to run is listed as Aladdin USB Key, which has 2 drivers. I check for that on the 64 bit system and it is not there. There were other devices on the 64 bit there from a different reg file dump with different 8 digit identifier. I removed that other reg file, and used only the same one as I am using in the 32 bit that works. So this got rid of the other devices.

Now when I try to run multkey on the 64 bit system it now gives me a message: "no devices found". Perhaps I do not have the Aladdin drivers installed correctly, although I obtained the latest from Aladdin website. When I look for the two drivers used by the 32 bit system in the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder, I do not find these same drivers on the 64 bit system that are there on the 32 bit system. What do you think? Do you think maybe the Aladdin drivers do not work for a 64 bit system?

Zorbo

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by zorbo Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Latest update: I updated hasp drivers on both the 32 bit and 64 bit machines, re-installed multikey on both, rebooted computer about 100X, etc. Now both machines look the same in device manager. They both show "virtual usb multikey" under system devices, and both show 3 different safenet keys under "universal serial bus controllers". The one that allows the software to work in 32 bit is "Safenet Inc. USB key".

Even though this is also installed in the 64 bit machine, it still does not work, the software tells me it cannot find a memohasp plug on any parallel port.

Any ideas?

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hasp Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 am

i think are you missed this one
F8 on every windows start up, "do not check drivers signature"
now try to open your software

hasp

Back to top Go down

Post by zorbo Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 pm

No, I did not miss that. I am using DSEO 13b in test mode and I signed the multikey.sys driver with it. But just to be sure, I also started up using F8 and selecting option to not check driver signatures, and it still does not workd.

Everything looks good in device manager, it just does not work on the 64 bit machine.

The only difference in the reg file is the license. I do not need license statement in the reg file using multikey 0.18.0.3 do I?

zorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down