Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
Reverse Engineering Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running MultiKey With Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

2 posters

Go down

Running MultiKey With Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider Empty Running MultiKey With Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

Post by noviceuser Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 pm

I have successfully installed MultiKey 64-bit and the Reg file (thanks HASP!), and the software now runs without the HASP. But, I am still a little confused. I thought you only need to run the DSEO in Test Mode to install and sign the drivers, but when I reset it and turned off Test mode and rebooted, it wouldn't run. So, my question is, do I have to keep the computer permanently in Test mode in order to always be able to open my software, or is there something wrong that I am doing? If the answer is Yes, then A) how can I disable the annoying text on the screen that I am in Test mode, and 2) are there security risks or other negative problems associated with keeping my computer in Test mode?

Thanks for your help with this.

noviceuser

Back to top Go down

Running MultiKey With Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider Empty Re: Running MultiKey With Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

Post by Soldier Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:37 am

A very timely question, because I am about to install Multikey on my W7 x64 system. My interpretation of the dseo instructions is that the override must initially be active, thereby allowing Windows to load the driver. Then you reboot, run dseo again and sign the driver. Then, after that, you can disable the signature enforcement override, because at the next boot Windows will see the driver is signed and will therefore load it without complaint.

Thing is, I only have the one W7 system and I don't want to screw it up, so I haven't installed/run any part of this yet.

Can someone who knows the answer please help?

Soldier

Back to top Go down