Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
Reverse Engineering Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HASP HL Learning

3 posters

Go down

HASP HL Learning Empty HASP HL Learning

Post by dgecko Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi forum,
Apologies for long introduction, but good story makes nice reading and possibly make better friends Very Happy 
I looking to further my knowledge of bypassing hasp hl dongle required for certain software I have trying to use for my research.
I have looked around in it a bit, and is quite a few complicated calls for me to understand all. I not looking for free solution, as looking at it myself, possibly requires alot of work to circumvent, but as am also just a student in country with crappy usd exchange I cannot afford pay someone lot of usd to make emulator, so we learn to do self as read before on here, only free solution is learnt to do self solution Razz So am looking to ask here to expand knowledge and learnt more.

I have two options avail to me:
1) I can patch program inline with debugger, however as software is not just simple find look for dongle call and jump bad guy to good guy, might not be best solution. Also in analysis I saw program tries to create local file from reading dongle information, but as I don't have dongle, file is ofcource blank, and of not much use. (but I'm sure the software uses local file). So this probably mean better to atempt to emulate dongle
2) I can gain more knowledge in this emulation, but without real dongle present makes difficult as have rather limited knowledge (online research shows not much information either, and possibly why Knowledge guys can ask for good money to help Laughing , and not so much share learning to others) most online information on dongles are usually lean towards find dongle and bypass bad guy stuff. So if have good information on emulation without dongle would be much appreciated.
Another possible reason why not might to attempt emulation self is I saw in analysis code which does CRC checks which I am not familiar with.

My questions:
How can I determine which HASP HL my software using without real dongle, for instance Basic, Time, Net, Max. (understanding what dealing with first is most important, and looking at dissasemly I can only see calls, but not sure for which HL type to research emulation)
USB Trace to understand calls/pswd/etc I asuming to use and get values requires real dongle no? Or can still be relevant without dongle?
I guess real question to ask is given no dongle, which is best to persue, patching or emulation? Bad part is, in code I also saw "Enter Key to activate feature" which means hasp bypass is only start, and possibly some code gens required. But have had to do some before, so could once get into.

Is this right forum to ask of these questions, to learn more and expand? Or is only option left to pay guru's Crying or Very sad 

p.s. I not paste link to software as forum rules unclear on putting link first, but can share if needed.

dgecko

Back to top Go down

HASP HL Learning Empty Re: HASP HL Learning

Post by ovis25 Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:02 am

dgecko wrote:
Is this right forum to ask of these questions, to learn more and expand? Or is only option left to pay guru's Crying or Very sad

you right, even if you pay latest information is not for sell. read public forum, try start emulate dongle public solution... is strange now you 4-th dude ask learn in 2 weeks time, be careful some will try sell you things that have no clue how they work, just a friendly advise. You have here in this forum my basic backup tutorials start with them, but not ask me more, I not help anyone anymore had enough of cheaters and only profit of me people.

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by sverox Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:41 am

Software name? Link download?

sverox

Back to top Go down

Post by dgecko Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:32 am

Thanks ovis25, I appreciate given friendly advise. Also part reason for learning, just now pay lots of monies for something I dont understand anyway.
Unfortunately is quite sad that as you say even latest information not shared. I have tried read up much all over, even some nice old Fravia (was good reads)
Suppose if shared they not make their monies Razz just like real world software makers we're trying to bypass lol (economics 101  Very Happy)
I have followed your online tutorials actually already, and have learned much, but hence starting new threat to see if anyone shared latest knowledge bit more in-depth.
Sorry about your cheaters, but hence why I say only upfront free what people willing to share to learn from, I do not mean to profit.

@sverox, I post you here link because you ask, any insights better than none and is appreciated. Although I think my research will be long done before get this to work lol (might be l33t puter hacker before that too Laughing) Although publisher does not sell to "unqaulified" public their software.

h**p://ww120.zippyshare.***/v/SLESqOdn/file.html

I put stars so bots don't steal from site. **=tt  ***=com

Thanks for honest replies.

dgecko

Back to top Go down

Post by ovis25 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:41 am

dongle or what you have?

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by dgecko Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:53 am

From what found in documentation they point to support site : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which has hdd32.exe
Looking into that it says only HASP HL, which why one of mine questions was how to determine which one it use for more investigations.

***=www

I only have software, not dongle as they wont sell to me.

dgecko

Back to top Go down

Post by ovis25 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:59 am

ok, great.

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by sverox Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:01 am

HASP4 (only) dongle API it use.

Start with CrackZ tutorials for recover HASP4. You need also HASP4 programmiing manual (for know functions)
Isolate hasp() function (CMP EAX, 0FF, JBE SHORT ...). Isolate calls to function.
Password for dongle is 7EB5 1BA8 (or 1BA8 7EB5). Create dummy .reg emulator + universal secret table (maybe works). After this debug hasp() functions and recover seed and dongle words.

sverox

Back to top Go down

Post by dgecko Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:11 am

Wow. Pro at work. I have been making some debugging myself, as have isolated calls which I believe to be hasp. Hence why was almost certain was hasp with memory it tried to read and fail. But will inspect more with new knowledge gained for which I am thankful. (and also try work out how you find so quick these values Wink)
I know seed values as have read some of from past googles, but could you explain what is meant by having to recover dongle words?

dgecko

Back to top Go down

Post by dgecko Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:03 am

Oh I think I know what you meant, values for keys in reg to be read. like SN etc.

dgecko

Back to top Go down

Post by sverox Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:44 am

SN usually can be anything.
Dongle words is memory content - memory divided in WORDs in HASP4.
Check documentation HASP4 API.

sverox

Back to top Go down

Post by ovis25 Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:27 am

if you can't easy find that memory content values maybe possible dummy emul + patched exe....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

still correct way is mentioned above.

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by dgecko Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Perhaps best way is to fool software dongle present and patch exe just to read correct dummy variables.
I will look into this. You guys have given really great and helpful information and have steered right direction.
I will do more in looking into hasp() calls to see what they return.

Again thanks for helpful informations and your time, which i know is valuable for other things.

dgecko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down